How to download and install iOS 6 on the iPad 2
To get iOS 6 on the iPad 2, simply follow this easy how-to guide
For iPad 2 owners, today is a great day as the iOS 6 upgrade is finally available for download and install. Apple's iOS 6 is a significant step forward for the OS, adding several new features for Apple's premier tablet. The update also likely plugs security holes, fixes software bugs, and will probably make your iPad 2 run much, much smoother.
For those new to the iPad 2, however, there may be some difficulty in knowing exactly what to do in order to upgrade your device. This brief guide aims to address that and help novice users update their tablet with ease.
In order to update your iPad 2 to iOS 6, proceed with the following:
- Open iTunes on your computer and update to the newest version: iTunes 10.7. To do this, open iTunes and then click iTunes > Check for Updates to install version 10.7.
- Next, connect your iPhone to your computer with iTunes open. You should then be prompted automatically to start downloading iOS 6.
- Click download and update and the upgrade process to iOS 6 will begin.
- Once the download completes, the installation will begin automatically.
- Once iOS 6 is installed, you'll need to skip through a few setup screens, but then you'll be ready to go.
Congrats, you have now learned how to update your iPad 2 to iOS 6.
You can also download iOS 6 on your iPad 2 directly over WiFi. To do this, do the following:
- Go into Settings, then tap on General
- Tap on Software Update and click Install
- iOS 6 will download, install and restart