How to factory reset the Apple iPad 2
We show you how to hard reset the Apple iPad 2 and restore it to factory settings
Using the Apple iPad 2 is quite addictive and as such, it's easy to get ahead of yourself and make changes you wish you hadn't made.
Also, after installing and removing many apps, your iPad 2 might start acting up.
Don't worry though -- resetting your Apple iPad 2 to factory settings couldn't be easier.
Here, we show you how it's done:
- On your iPad 2 home screen, tap the Settings icon
- Tap General in the menu to the left of the screen, then tap Reset
- Here, you will have two options:
- "Reset All Settings" will restore all of your app settings to their original status
- "Erase All Content and Settings" will reset all app settings and erase all of your data (photos, apps, bookmarks, music, etc.)
- After selecting one of the two options above, your iPad 2 will reboot
- If you selected "Erase All Content and Settings", you will need to reconnect your iPad 2 to iTunes in order to reactivate it