How to factory reset the Apple iPad
We show you how to hard reset the Apple iPad and restore it to factory settings
Using the Apple iPad is quite addictive and as such, it's easy to get ahead of yourself and make changes you wish you hadn't made.
Also, after installing and removing many apps, your iPad might start acting up.
Don't worry though -- resetting your Apple iPad to factory settings couldn't be easier.
Here, we show you how it's done:
- On your iPad home screen, tap the Settings icon
- Tap General in the menu to the left of the screen, then tap Reset
- Here, you will have two options:
- "Reset All Settings" will restore all of your app settings to their original status
- "Erase All Content and Settings" will reset all app settings and erase all of your data (photos, apps, bookmarks, music, etc.)
- After selecting one of the two options above, your iPad will reboot
- If you selected "Erase All Content and Settings", you will need to reconnect your iPad to iTunes in order to reactivate it