How to add U.S. holidays to your iPad calendar
We show you how to add U.S. holidays and any other subscribed calendar to your iPad calendar in just a few easy steps
Do you find yourself constantly forgetting Mother's Day each year? Are you always confusing Labor Day with Memorial Day? Or perhaps you're afraid you might miss out on some local Cinco de Mayo parties?
Apple provides a great feature in its iPad Calendar that lets you subscribe to any public Internet Calendar. To make things easier, Apple also provides its own Internet Calendar containing all of the U.S. holidays each year.
Here, we show you how to add Apple's calendar of U.S. holidays to your iPad:
- Tap the Settings icon
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Scroll down and tap Add Account...
- Tap Other
- Tap Add Subscribed Calendar
- In the server field, input: ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics - then tap Next
- On the next screen, change the name of the calendar under "Description" if you choose - then tap Save
You'll now find each and every U.S. holiday within the iPad Calendar app, and they'll appear just like any other appointment.
This procedure can also be used to add any other public Internet Calendar to your iPad calendar. You can find a list of Apple's here, and there are many more available on various sites around the Web.