How to turn off 4G LTE on your iPhone 5S
Need to save battery life on your iPhone 5S? Try switching off the 4G LTE
4G LTE is an excellent feature, especially when you're downloading a big file or uploading an HD movie. It can save you a world of time and, honestly, it just tends to make every little task (and especially the big ones) easier.
However, there can be a downside to constantly running 4G, as it can cause your battery power to drain extremely quickly -- even on the new and improved iPhone 5S. Obviously, this is a drag, but you can alleviate the issue by simply switching off 4G LTE when you don't actually need it.
That said, if you've been having battery issues with your 5S at all, try this guide. Below we show you how to switch off 4G LTE at your own leisure so you can save battery life and use your device longer.
To switch off 4G LTE, follow these steps:
- From the iPhone 5S home screen, select Settings.
- Once inside the settings application tap General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Cellular.
- Next, tap the Enable LTE switch and turn it to off.
- Your iPhone 5S will now only use CDMA 3G or HSPA+ "4G." To turn 4G LTE back on repeat the steps, but turn the Enable LTE switch to on.