BlackBerry Z10 tips and tricks
We round up the best BlackBerry Z10 tips and tricks for the BlackBerry 10-powered monster
The BlackBerry Z10 was the first device to launch on the BlackBerry 10 platform. In addition to the stunning new user interface, the build is wonderful too, taking cues from Nokia and Apple in its simplicity.
Powered by multi-core Qualcomm procesor and BlackBerry OS 10, the device absolutely rocks it. The device also sports a 4.2-inch HD display, GPS, Wi-Fi,a great 8-megapixel shooter. All in all, the Z10 is a worthy successor the BlackBerry 7 line.
We had a look at the device on AT&T and concluded:
'The BlackBerry Z10 is the best BlackBerry yet and it brings the company into the modern computing age. Die-hard BlackBerry fans will absolutely love the BlackBerry Z10 because it will give them an interface and system which can compete with the likes of the iPhone and Android.
'Still, the subpar camera, mediocre battery life and the weak app environment makes it tough for me to recommend this over some of the other devices out there. The BlackBerry Z10 should get better by leaps and bounds over the next months and years but it's too soon to tell if it will ever be the best.'
If you've just bought a BlackBerry Z10, why not check out our top tips and tricks so you can get the most out of your device?
How to reset your BlackBerry Hub
The BlackBerry Hub is a great way to keep track of all your notifications but sometimes, it can get a bit too crowded. To reset your BlackBerry Hub, simply swipe from the top right bezel to the center of the screen five times in a row. This will reset those notifications and you'll then see a "preparing BlackBerry Hub" notice.
How to use the camera on the lock screen
If you want to use the BlackBerry Z10 camera without having to dive in to your locked device, it's very simple to launch the camera app from the lock screen. Just simply hold on the camera icon on the lock screen for about five seconds and it will dive directly into the camera app.
How to hide the keyboard
While we absolutely love the virtual keyboard on the BlackBerry Z10, sometimes it stays up a little too long. Luckily, it's very simple to get rid of this.
To get ride of the virtual keyboard, simply swipe down with two fingers on the keyboard and it will go away.
How to switch keyboards quickly
For a quick way to switch between letters and the numbers/symbols keyboard, all you have to do is swipe down with one finger on the virtual keyboard. Super duper easy, right?
How to set a password lock on your BlackBerry Z10
How do you set up a password on your very own Z10? Well, it's a bit tricky for some, butwe've broken it all down for you below. We show you how to set a password on your Z10 in a snap. Enjoy!
- Wake your BlackBerry Z10 and unlock it.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Now select Security and Privacy.
- Finally, tap on Device Password and toggle the switch.
- Enter a password and hit save.
- That's it! Your device is now secure!
- Remember you must now enter this password everytime you unlock your Z10.
How to add a new contact on your BlackBerry Z10
On the Z10, adding a new contact is not that hard but we break it down for you in a few easy steps.
Read on to learn how to add a contact on your BlackBerry Z10 right now.
- Wake your BlackBerry Z10.
- Tap and open the Contacts app.
- Tap the Add icon on the bottom row.
- Type in all contact information. You an even add a picture.
- You can also add the contacts Facebook or Twitter account directly from the Contacts app.
- Tap done!
How to adjust screen brightness on your BlackBerry Z10
To adjust screen brightness on your BlackBerry Z10, just follow the easy steps below:
- Wake your BlackBerry Z10
- Tap the Settings app.
- Navigate to and tap on Display.
- Next, tap on Brightness settings.
- Adjust the slider to the desired brightness level.
- You're done!
How to mute your BlackBerry Z10
Beyond simply turning off your phone, here are a few options for keeping your phone silenced. It could be the difference between being "that weirdo" and being a polite phone user out in public.
To mute or silence your Z10, follow on below.
- From the home screen, pull down the Settings menu. Swipe from the top.
- After pulling down, tap on the Volume icon.
- Tap on the Volume icon again and the device will go into silent mode.
- That's it!
To silence your BlackBerry Z10 with an even easier method, follow our second small guide.
- Wake your Z10.
- Tap the mute button on the right side of the handset.
- Your Z10 ringer will now be turned off.