How to hard reset the Dell Streak
We show you how to factory reset the Dell Streak to clear all data and restore its original settings
The Dell Streak is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again.
Here, we show you how to hard reset the Dell Streak with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the Dell Streak as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
First, try this:
- From the main home screen, tap menu
- Tap Settings, then Privacy
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset device
- Tap Erase everything
If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:
- Turn the power off. If your Dell Streak is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons
- Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
- Press and release the Volume Down button until Factory Reset is highlighted
- Press and release the Camera button to select
All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Dell Streak. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.