How to hard reset your Verizon HTC DROID Eris
We show you how to wipe your HTC DROID Eris clean and start over with the original factory settings in place
There comes a time when you just want to start over, start clean and/or you have forgotten the security settings on your phone and you are locked out. Naturally you need a way to reset the device and start from scratch. The following simple steps will 'hard reset' your DROID Eris, restore factory settings and allow you to give it a clean bill of health.
Please note that this procedure will delete all personal data, customizations and files from your DROID Eris, so be sure to perform a full backup prior to beginning.
- Turn the device off by holding down the power button and then selecting power off (you will be informed that the phone will be shutdown; tap ok)
- Simultaneously press and hold the Send and Volume Down buttons and while holding them, press the Power button
- You are given a screen with various information -- simply press down the trackball with the world CLEARSTORAGE highlighted
- The phone is completely wiped clean and will then reboot
- Unlock the screen and select your language of choice (English or Spanish)
- The DROID Eris will inform you that a special call needs to be made, and it will then connect to Verizon Wireless over the air programming
- When prompted, press 1 to activate the phone
- Once activated, proceed with the setup of the phone by following the on-screen directions as you did when you first purchased your DROID Eris.
The hard reset option should be used only as a last resort or when there is no alternative.