How to hard reset the HTC DROID Incredible
We show you how to factory reset the HTC DROID Incredible to clear all data and restore its original settings
The HTC DROID Incredible is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again. Here, we show you how to hard reset the HTC DROID Incredible with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
- Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Volume Down button
- Hold the Power button until the display turns on
- You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
- Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
- Press and release the Power button to select
- Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.