How to adjust weather and news widget settings on the HTC EVO 4G
We show you how to view the weather and news on your HTC EVO 4G, and change the appropriate settings to suit your usage
The HTC EVO 4G comes with a news and weather widget pre-installed on one of its home screens. Here, we show you how to view it and how to change the widget settings to suit your taste.
Viewing weather and news:
- Tap on the Home icon on your HTC EVO 4G
- Now scroll from left to right using the touch screen
- You should see your local weather and top stories in a widget towards the top of the one of your five home screens
Changing weather and news settings:
- Tap on the weather (figure 1)
- Tap the Menu icon
- Select Settings
- You now have a list showing Weather settings, News settings and Refresh settings
- Tap on Weather settings to instruct the device to: Use my location, Set location and/or use Celsius instead of Fahrenheit
- Tap on News settings to select news topics, Pre-fetch articles, Pre-fetch images, Display images and/or read the News terms of service
- Tap on Refresh settings to select Auto-refresh, Refresh interval (six hours by default) and to check the Refresh status
Note: By default the HTC EVO 4G utilizes your GPS location for weather. News topics include Top Stories, World, U.S., Business, Sci/Tech, Entertainment, Sports, Health.