How to hard reset the HTC myTouch 3G
We show you how to factory reset the HTC myTouch 3G to clear all data and restore its original settings
The HTC myTouch 3G is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again.
Here, we show you how to hard reset the HTC myTouch 3G with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC myTouch 3G as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
- Turn the power off. If your HTC myTouch 3G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Press and hold the Home button and the red End button for 30 seconds
- Release the buttons when a warning appears on the display
- Press and hold the Home button and the red End button again
- Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
- Use the trackball to select Wipe data/factory reset
All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC myTouch 3G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.