How to hard reset your HTC One X
Having problems with your HTC One X? If so, try our easy guide to hard reset your smartphone
Smartphone software problems suck, they truly do. Battery issues can usually be solved by removing a few problematic apps, but software lockups often indicate there may be a bigger problem. If any lockups or responsiveness issues happen on your handset, the next best thing you can do is a hard reset.
What exactly is a hard reset, you ask? Well, it's a software process that completely erases everything on the smartphone. It removes all data, apps and even media. The process basically puts your phone back into the factory state where the software is clean and bug-free.
While the hard reset process doesn't take that long, we've broken it down for you below. Be sure to back up your information beforehand or make sure that your photos and other info have been stored in the cloud.
To hard reset, follow the steps below.
- From the HTC One X home screen, select Settings.
- Once inside the settings application tap Storage.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Factory Data Reset.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select Erase Everything.
- Finally, confirm that this is what you actually want to do by tapping Yes.
- Your HTC One X will now reset.
When it reboots, make sure to set up your favorite apps and then you're good to go.