How to hard reset the Kyocera Echo
We show you how to factory reset the Kyocera Echo to clear all data and restore its original settings
The Kyocera Echo is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again.
Here, we show you how to hard reset the Kyocera Echo with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the Kyocera Echo as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
First, try this:
- From the main home screen, tap menu
- Tap Settings, then Privacy
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone
- Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:
- Turn the power off. If your Kyocera Echo is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
- You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
- Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
- Press and release the Power button
- Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Kyocera Echo. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.