How to hard reset the LG Ally
We show you how to factory reset the LG Ally to clear all data and restore its original settings
The LG Ally is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again.
Here, we show you how to hard reset the LG Ally with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the LG Ally as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.First, try this:
- From the main home screen, tap menu
- Tap Settings, then Privacy
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone
- Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:
- Turn the power off. If your LG Ally is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Home and Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device
All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the LG Ally. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.