How to sync the LG Optimus 3D with iTunes
We show you how to synchronize music from an iTunes library with the LG Optimus 3D
So you have a large iTunes library and now you have a LG Optimus 3D -- but how can you make them work together to synchronize your music? The following guide shows you how to quickly and easy set up your computer to sync your LG Optimus 3D with music from iTunes.
The first section details how to acquire a small piece of software called "iTunes Agent", that allows you to use your Optimus 3D with iTunes on a Windows-based computer (we are assuming that you already have iTunes installed, and have an existing library of music). Mac users can achieve the same results by installing a program called iTuneMyWalkman.
- Download and install iTunes Agent
- Once installed, the application runs in the system tray and monitors iTunes
- Plug the Optimus 3D into your computer's USB port and mount it (figure 1 above)
- Touch the USB icon that appears in the menu bar at the top of the display, and drag it down to expose the Android Notification Pane
- Tap on USB Connected, and select Mount
- Create a folder on the mounted Optimus 3D called Music
The second section, below, details how to create a configuration for the Optimus 3D in iTunes Agent's Preferences (figure 2 for all steps below).
- Right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray
- Click Preferences
- Leave all defaults checked and click the New button
- Give the device a name (Optimus 3D in this case)
- Leave Synchronize pattern: set to iTunes
- Click the Choose button and select the Music folder you created on the Optimus 3D
- Click the Create button and select the Music folder you created on the Optimus 3D
- Click Save and then Close
The final section explains how to add music to your Optimus 3D (figure 3 for all steps below).
- Launch iTunes and you will see a playlist folder called My Devices, under which you will see the Optimus 3D
- Simply drag the music you wish to synchronize from your iTunes library to your Optimus 3D into this playlist
- Finally, right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray and select Synchronize devices
Music is now copied to your LG Optimus 3D and can be played using the Optimus 3D's Music application.