How to hard reset your Motorola Atrix HD
We show you how to hard factory reset your Atrix HD in a snap
Smartphone software problems suck, they truly do. Battery issues can usually be solved by removing a few problematic apps, but software lockups often indicate there may be a bigger problem. If any lockups or responsiveness issues happen on your handset, the next best thing you can do is a hard reset.
What exactly is a hard reset, you ask? Well, it's a software process that completely erases everything on the handset. It removes all data, apps and even media. The process basically puts your phone back into the factory state where the software is clean and supposedly bug-free.
While the hard reset process doesn't take that long, we've broken it down for you below. Be sure to back up your information beforehand or make sure that your photos and other info have been stored in the cloud.
To hard reset, follow the steps below:
- From the Atrix HD home screen, select Settings.
- Once inside the settings application tap Storage.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Factory Data Reset.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select Erase Everything.
- Finally, confirm that this is what you actually want to do by tapping Yes.
- Your Atrix HD will now reset.
When it reboots, make sure to set up your favorite apps and then you're good to go.