How to sync the Motorola DROID 2 Global with iTunes
We show you how to synchronize music from an iTunes library with the Motorola DROID 2 Global
So you have a large iTunes library and now you have a Motorola DROID 2 Global -- but how can you make them work together to synchronize your music? The following guide shows you how to quickly and easy set up your computer to sync your Motorola DROID 2 Global with music from iTunes.
The first section details how to acquire a small piece of software called "iTunes Agent", that allows you to use your DROID 2 Global with iTunes on a Windows-based computer (we are assuming that you already have iTunes installed, and have an existing library of music). Mac users can achieve the same results by installing a program called iTuneMyWalkman.
- Download and install iTunes Agent
- Once installed, the application runs in the system tray and monitors iTunes
- Plug the DROID 2 Global into your computer's USB port and mount it (figure 1 above)
- Touch the USB icon that appears in the menu bar at the top of the display, and drag it down to expose the Android Notification Pane
- Tap on USB Connected, and select Mount
- Create a folder on the mounted DROID 2 Global called Music
The second section, below, details how to create a configuration for the DROID 2 Global in iTunes Agent's Preferences (figure 2 for all steps below).
- Right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray
- Click Preferences
- Leave all defaults checked and click the New button
- Give the device a name (DROID 2 Global in this case)
- Leave Synchronize pattern: set to iTunes
- Click the Choose button and select the Music folder you created on the DROID 2 Global
- Click the Create button and select the Music folder you created on the DROID 2 Global
- Click Save and then Close
The final section explains how to add music to your DROID 2 Global (figure 3 for all steps below).
- Launch iTunes and you will see a playlist folder called My Devices, under which you will see the DROID 2 Global
- Simply drag the music you wish to synchronize from your iTunes library to your DROID 2 Global into this playlist
- Finally, right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray and select Synchronize devices
Music is now copied to your Motorola DROID 2 Global and can be played using the DROID 2 Global's Music application.