How to hard reset the Motorola DROID 2
We show you how to factory reset the Motorola DROID 2 to clear all data and restore its original settings
The Motorola DROID 2 is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again. Here, we show you how to hard reset the Motorola DROID 2 with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the Motorola DROID 2 as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
- Power down the DROID 2 by holding the power button and then selecting Power Off
- Hold the X key on the keyboard and turn the power back on, keep holding down the X key until you see a yellow triangle icon
- Now close the slider and hold down the Volume Up button, then press the Camera button while still holding volume up
- A menu will appear and one of the choices will be "wipe data/factory reset" -- use the direction pad on they keyboard to select this option
- Scroll down using the direction pad to the "yes" option and select it with the d-pad select key
If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Motorola DROID 2. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.