How to install ringtones on your Motorola DROID BIONIC
We show you how to install ringtones on your phone quickly and easily
The Motorola DROID BIONIC comes with, shall we say, an interesting selection of ringtones. While some people may find something usable amidst the pre-installed options, others might prefer a wider selection.
Luckily, it couldn't be easier to install ringtones on your Motorola DROID BIONIC.
In this guide, we show you exactly how it's done.
First, you'll need to find some ringtones you like. To make things as simple as possible, ensure your ringtones are DRM-free MP3 files. Also, they should typically be 30-seconds or less in length.
A good source for free ringtones is mobile9.com and high quality normal, ringing ringtones can be purchased from RCP Tones. You can also make your own ringtones using music you already own thanks to free audio editing software such as Audacity.
Once you have some great ringtones on your computer, you're ready to go:
- Ensure your microSD card is in your Motorola DROID BIONIC, then connect the phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable
- If your Motorola DROID BIONIC does not mount automatically, touch the USB icon that appears in the menu bar at the top of the display, drag it down to expose the Android Notification Pane, then tap on USB Connected and select Mount (or Disk Drive)
- Using a file explorer on your computer, navigate to the root folder (the main directory) of the memory card in your Motorola DROID BIONIC
- Create a new folder called ringtones (some devices require a lowercase "r" so please name the new folder exactly as specified)
- Now, simply copy all of the MP3 ringtones you want on your Motorola DROID BIONIC into the new ringtones folder
That's it! You can now unmount your Motorola DROID BIONIC and your ringtones will become available as options when changing your ringtone.
To set one of your new MP3s as your ringtone:
- From the home screen, tap Menu then Settings
- Tap Sound, then Phone ringtone
- Scroll to the ringtone you want, select it and then tap OK