How to hard reset the Motorola DROID X
We show you how to factory reset the Motorola DROID X to clear all data and restore its original settings
The Motorola DROID X is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again. Here, we show you how to hard reset the Motorola DROID X with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the Motorola DROID X as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
- Turn the power off. If your Motorola DROID X is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Press and hold the Power and Camera buttons
- Release the Camera button when prompted
- Press and hold the Volume Down key
- A yellow exclamation will appear on the display
- Select Factory Reset and press OK
If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Motorola DROID X. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.