How to hard reset the Motorola DROID
We show you how to perform a hard reset on the Motorola DROID and restore it to factory settings
So you have been customizing your Motorola DROID for quite sometime now, and you are wishing it could be wiped clean and set to the same state it was in when you first unboxed it. We show you step by step how to hard reset (wipe) the Motorola DROID and accomplish just that.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the DROID as a result of this procedure. The device itself will need to be re-activated using Verizon's over the air programming feature as well. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
- Power down the DROID by holding the power button and then selecting Power Off
- Hold the X key on the keyboard and turn the power back on, keep holding down the X key until you see a yellow triangle icon
- Now close the slider and hold down the Volume Up button, then press the Camera button while still holding volume up
- A menu will appear and one of the choices will be "wipe data/factory reset" -- use the direction pad on they keyboard to select this option
- Scroll down using the direction pad to the "yes" option and select it with the d-pad select key
Your Motorola DROID will now be wiped clean of all data and settings, with the exception of the data stored on the microSD card.