How to secure your Nokia N8 with a passcode
Your Nokia N8 can be locked to protect your private information from prying eyes or thieves
A mobile phone can be a very personal thing, especially if you are storing pictures and contact details. You can secure your Nokia N8 by setting up a security code so that only you have access to your private information.
- In the Tools, click on Settings
- Tap General
- Scroll down and select Security
- On the Security screen, click on Phone and SIM
- Scroll down and select Lock Code
- Now type ‘12345’ and then choose OK. ‘12345’ is the default lock code for the Nokia N8
- Next type your new lock code then choose OK. Your lock code can only include the numbers 0 to 9. You will be asked to enter it again. Do this then choose OK again. You will see a message that says ‘Lock code changed’
- Next click on Phone Autolock period. You can set your phone to lock itself automatically after a period of inactivity. To do this click on User defined and enter the number of minutes after which you want the phone to automatically lock itself.
- You will have to enter the lock code you set up and then choose OK, and finally you get the message ‘Code accepted’. Now after the period of time you set the Nokia N8 will lock itself and a screensaver will appear to show that it is locked
If you decide you want to disable the autolock, go back to the Security Settings screen (see above), scroll to where it says Autolock period then choose None. You will need to enter the lock code and choose OK. The message ‘Code accepted’ will appear and the Autolock period will be reset to ‘None’.