T-Mobile set to raise prices on unlimited data plans starting April 4
T-Mobile is looking to raise prices on 5GB and 10GB data packages
T-Mobile is planning to raise the price on its Premium 5GB and Ultra 10GB data packaging by $5 per month, starting April 4.
The info comes from a leaked internal memo obtained by Tmo News. It highlight the particulars thusly:
- This price will not affect any customers who have added the 5GB or 10GB promotional bundles prior to April 4th.
- There is no change to the price of the Value Plan data features.
- T-Mobile is enacting the price change in order to better align Classic and Value plan pricing, which will help them achieve Value mix targets and the company’s financial goals.
- Customers can continue to save at least $15 per month with T-Mobile’s Unlimited-Premium Classic feature compared to similar features offered by competing national wireless carriers.
- T-Mobile will continue to offer the promotional offer on both the Unlimited-Premium 5GB and Ultra – 10GB Promotional Bundles features that include the Smartphone Mobile Hotspot and MobileLife Album Plus services at no additional charge. That’s a $19.98 value.
The move comes as part of a larger restructuring effort set in motion after the collapse of the recent AT&T acquisition. It seems the goal here is to push users toward the Value Plan, which will save money over the course of a contract if users are willing to take on the full cost of a handset up front.