How to transfer files from your computer to your Samsung Galaxy Note
Transfer photos, music and videos between your Galaxy Note and a computer with our how-to guide
The Galaxy Note is so powerful it's basically a pocket PC. Despite this fact, however, there are still times when you need to pair it with a standard computer, especially if you want to transfer files, videos, or music.
If transferring files to your Galaxy Note sounds like something you're interested in doing, you've come to the right place. We show you how to move photos, music and videos to your Galaxy Note in a snap.
To get started, follow on below:
- Connect your Galaxy Note to a computer using a MicroUSB to USB data cable, which should be provided with the phone. The phone should be recognized once you plug it in.
- Once it's connected, go to notifications and select "USB Mass Storage." The computer will then recognize the handset as an external hard drive.
- Use your computer’s interface to move files between your device and your computer, just like a normal, external drive.
- Once you're finished, go to the notifications on the phone and press "Turn Off USB Storage."
- Disconnect the device and you're done!