How to change the wallpaper on the Samsung Galaxy S
We show you how to set a custom picture as the background on your Samsung Galaxy S
Are you tired of the standard, boring wallpaper on your Samsung Galaxy S? We don't blame you.
Everyone needs a change from time to time and luckily for you, changing wallpapers on the Galaxy S couldn't be easier.
There are two different ways to achieve a wallpaper change. We'll show you both of them in this guide.
From the home screen:
You can actually access your wallpaper image right from the home screen. This is the quickest and easiest way to do it.
- Touch and hold the screen somewhere where there are no widgets or app icons
- An Add to Home screen pop-up will appear - tap the Wallpapers option
- You will then be presented with a Select wallpaper from window - choose Live wallpapers, Media gallery, Wallpaper gallery or Wallpapers
- For Live wallpapers:
- Scroll to a live wallpaper that you want to use, and tap it
- If you're satisfied with your selection, tap Set wallpaper
- For Media gallery:
- Your picture folders will be displayed on the screen - select the folder containing the picture you want to use for your wallpaper
- Tap on the image you want to set as your wallpaper
- You will be presented with your chosen picture on the screen with a colored cropping square on it
- Touch and drag any of the four sides of the square to resize the area of the image to be used for your wallpaper
- Once you're satisfied, tap Save
- For Wallpaper Gallery or Wallpapers:
- Scroll through the images until you find the image that you want to use
- Once you select an image, tap Set wallpaper
From the settings menu:
- Tap the applications launcher from the home screen
- Tap the Settings icons
- Tap Personalize
- Tap the Home wallpaper option
- Continue from Step 2 of the From the home screen option
It's that easy! You now have a fresh new wallpaper configured on your Samsung Galaxy S.