Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 getting Android 4.2.2
The Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 Android 4.2.2 update release date has been revealed as this month
The Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 will get the Android 4.2.2 update sometime this month, according to a new source.
A tipster told International Business Times the update would be rolling out to devices during July 2013, but it's not clear when just yet.
However, IB Times then refers to PhonesReview saying it ran a story confirming this, but there's nothing on Phones Review to suggest it would be rolling out (apart from much older stories).
In May, a pre-release was rolled out to the Samsung Galaxy S3, based on the Samsung Galaxy S4 UI.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 update leaked - coming July
- How to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2
The update included changes to the TouchWiz UI, but little else.
If we take the pre-release version to be true, we can expect a whole host of new features to arrive on the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 updates including:
- Galaxy S4 lockscreen with multiple widget support
- "Light" unlock effect
- Improved unlock ripple effect
- Widget size adjustments
- Adapt Display screen mode
- Daydream lock screen
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New notification tray with more toggles
- Tabbed interface for phone settings
- S-Voice updated
- More voice commands added
- Full-screen Samsung Apps
- Smart widget
- White background in 3D mode for gallery
- Smart Stay
- Smart Rotation
A video of Android 4.2.2 running on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 leaked earlier this month too, although it's actually the rooted version of Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
The Android 4.2.2 update has already started rolling out in Europe, but those with the device on T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T will have to wait a little longer for it to hit our ground.