How to sync the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc with iTunes
We show you how to synchronize music from an iTunes library with the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc
So you have a large iTunes library and now you have a Sony Ericsson Xperia arc -- but how can you make them work together to synchronize your music? The following guide shows you how to quickly and easy set up your computer to sync your Sony Ericsson Xperia arc with music from iTunes.
The first section details how to acquire a small piece of software called "iTunes Agent", that allows you to use your Xperia arc with iTunes on a Windows-based computer (we are assuming that you already have iTunes installed, and have an existing library of music). Mac users can achieve the same results by installing a program called iTuneMyWalkman.
- Download and install iTunes Agent
- Once installed, the application runs in the system tray and monitors iTunes
- Plug the Xperia arc into your computer's USB port and mount it (figure 1 above)
- Touch the USB icon that appears in the menu bar at the top of the display, and drag it down to expose the Android Notification Pane
- Tap on USB Connected, and select Mount
- Create a folder on the mounted Xperia arc called Music
The second section, below, details how to create a configuration for the Xperia arc in iTunes Agent's Preferences (figure 2 for all steps below).
- Right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray
- Click Preferences
- Leave all defaults checked and click the New button
- Give the device a name (Xperia arc in this case)
- Leave Synchronize pattern: set to iTunes
- Click the Choose button and select the Music folder you created on the Xperia arc
- Click the Create button and select the Music folder you created on the Xperia arc
- Click Save and then Close
The final section explains how to add music to your Xperia arc (figure 3 for all steps below).
- Launch iTunes and you will see a playlist folder called My Devices, under which you will see the Xperia arc
- Simply drag the music you wish to synchronize from your iTunes library to your Xperia arc into this playlist
- Finally, right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray and select Synchronize devices
Music is now copied to your Sony Ericsson Xperia arc and can be played using the Xperia arc's Music application.