How to hard reset the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo
We show you how to factory reset the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo to clear all data and restore its original settings
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again.
Here, we show you how to hard reset the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
First, try this:
- From the main home screen, tap menu
- Tap Settings, then Privacy
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone
- Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:
- Turn the power off. If your Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Left and right buttons located beneath the display
- Press and release the Power button
- Follow the on-screen instructions to hard reset your Xperia Neo
All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.